About



Me as anyone else, I'm getting older and I've left behind little by little something that I've always liked: the videogames. In my heart I'm still playing something, but I'm not patient anymore to play games on my pc. So I've decided to write a little novel that has roots in the role playing games. Also I like ambiental music and I'm trying to combine the story with the music and I'm uploading by time to time a clip that inspires the story. But this is not all. I'm trying to make the story interactive, just like a game, and I found a simple way to have it working. You can find the rules on the right.
akkad


Tuesday, March 4, 2008

(VIII) Illusions











There are four days already since we've left in expedition in the depths of the cave and we are close to its end. We've made a map of the cave (which was my idea and I’m keeping a copy of it) and we’ve made a short list with points of interest in the cave. We’ve found a small water which is useful and a window in the ceiling, somewhere at the end of the cave, but this is useful only for air circulation. It would be more useful as a secondary cave entrance, but is too high for that. I think that Gaudo was wrong about the secrets of the cave. Other interesting things in the cave are the abandoned shelter where we’ve found that grill and the wall paintings from the end of the cave. When we came back, we've found crowds agitating all around. It looks like the winter is in its big days. People couldn't support anymore the cold and the wind and chaotically they've forced the cave. Meanwhile the spirits have calmed down, but only to listen the 'shadow' 's speech. He know how to make himself heard. He takes long breaks between sentences and look to the entire mass of people."Nobody will be left behind. Each one of us is useful in order to complete our task. We have to stick together when is hard and I tell you something: Better days will come ! Better days are sitting now, waiting this winter to end ! As for now, I have someone who came back from an expedition to the deep of the cave, to bring you the good news. Gaudo, please come here!" He was speaking loud, so everyone could hear his voice.Gaudo managed to make way through the crowd and got up on the rock where the 'shadow' was standing."I just came back from the expedition from the deep of the cave and I can say that I think that there is enough room for almost all of us. We have to organize our selves in such manner, that the shelter to be shared between children, women and old people on one hand, and teams of hunters, workers and guards on the other hand. The hunters, workers and guards must to their jobs alternatively, so all the time someone will be outside. This is the only way that we can survive this winter. We've found water and a ceiling window near the end of the cave. We have to split in two teams to be close to these two useful things."He ended his speech in a wide mass satisfaction. People were already grabbing their backpacks for the trip to the deep of the cave. Most of them thought that if they go in the doorless side of the cave, they will not participate at the community's outdoor activities. The answer came from the 'Shadow' shortly after Gaudo's speech:"Womens, children and old people will go in the deep of the cave. Also, ill people will join them. A few strong people will go too, to help setting the camps. People who want to be with their families in the doorless side of the cave will have longer shifts." While he was talking, accidentally he uncovered a part of his shoulder, which revealed an interesting tattoo; it was representing the cube found by the 'smith'. That is an interesting relation between that cube and 'shadow' 's tattoo. This trip that we have in search for life conditions in the depths of the cave, was not healthy for me. Although I have a strong health, the humidity affected my lungs and I got cold or flu finally. Half way at return I had fever and I had to be carried for a while by two man from the team. Neither now my health doesn't shines; I'm just in a passage of lucidity. I can't remember clearly what happen when we got back. At the beginning, the crowd was like I used to be waked up by Oldie sometimes. By the way, I have to check if it's alright. It must be taken inside. Is too old for this winter. I will see how I'll manage to get it inside. Most of the people will have something to comment about this, but either way I will take it inside, even if it will die starving. Lots of my memories from this trip are lost among moments of trembling and words that were passing across the cave; and some echoes too. I'm sure about the wall painting that we've found at the end of the cave, but now those paintings are just a fog in my mind.I'm quite indisposed and I feel surrounded by hungry people, who probably forgot about their reunion with the nature, as they were saying recently. With all this weakness that I have in this moment, I will manage to take my dog inside alone. Surely looks funny to me that I felt so bad with my health, and enough to depend on other people. I feel my back very warm, my hands are trembling when I'm pulling my clothes and I'm so dizzy... Where are going all these people ? There is not so much space in the other side of the cave. I guess they've entirely forgot about that chunk of paper that put them all in move. They don't look strangely at me anymore; I'm just a soft obstacle in their way. I think that I've felt three times already while struggling to make my way out of the cave. As I'm here, at less then 50 feet from the entrance of the cave, people are less, the cold from outside is already filling my veins and my mind begins to clear itself. Now I feel better, even if is a false state of mind. At least I can see my favorite memories again. I think I can see Oldie through the big snowflakes... I'm not sure... I don't know if is really it or just my memories.






SIDENOTE


When does a person meet the true loneliness !? Perhaps when he or she is enough tired of suffering. Then is a point when people gives up the fight and the only thing that remain is the loneliness. It could be said in different ways, like it wouldn't be loneliness, but resignation. In this resignation a person meets finally the truth. And what is this truth ? This truth is in fact a sum of this person's experience. Until this point there was only the projection of personal desires, and now finally meets the truth and is happy. Lonely and happy.