About



Me as anyone else, I'm getting older and I've left behind little by little something that I've always liked: the videogames. In my heart I'm still playing something, but I'm not patient anymore to play games on my pc. So I've decided to write a little novel that has roots in the role playing games. Also I like ambiental music and I'm trying to combine the story with the music and I'm uploading by time to time a clip that inspires the story. But this is not all. I'm trying to make the story interactive, just like a game, and I found a simple way to have it working. You can find the rules on the right.
akkad


Thursday, January 31, 2008

(III) Rush...

I had a rush departure. The only thing that I’m worried is my equipment. I was hoping to take some mushrooms with me, but the soil was not ready yet. I took those herbs for tea which should be dried by now. Maybe I’ll find some mushrooms on the travel. This becomes a part of the plan now. Initially I’ve intended to have some food for the start while searching food for the next days. I already have two days of walking to the north, following those footsteps. This is not a good thing, to walk on the same road with the migration because obviously they needed food too. By now I have to adventure a little to the left of the road. There are some bushes that make me believe that I might find some plants or animals. Further on the right side is the river which has plenty fishes. Until I get there I will find something to catch the fishes and some worms. That’s why I keep this wire attached to my belt. Now I can use it to catch the fishes. Also I have a few different chunks of plastic bags. Last night I had a short sleep. Maybe three or four hours and in the rest I walked continuously. I have to walk fast this part of the road to the cave. There are signs that announce the winter and the snow. I can’t survive in the snow more than 4-5 days and the cave is at about 12 days of walk from my home. My home is situated in the plain, but is not far from the mountains.
Maybe I could survive more in the winter, but my old friend, the old dog, cannot. It looks happy. There are 3 days already since it’s with me each moment. I think that it got bored of staying so long time alone. Its fur is quite thick, that should protect it against the wind or snow. That doesn’t helping against starving. It’s not that young anymore to hunt rabbits or foxes or whatever it likes.
The reason of this rush is also my curiosity which moves the blood in my veins. The “smith” visited me that day and because I didn’t have something else to give to him in exchange for making me a can, I gave him a part of those herbs. Obviously, is not that stupid to accept this, but I’ve told him that the herbs have some magical effects and being in the influence of that cube that he found, he fell for this. But we had to test the tea to see the effects and I made once more the tea with the herbs not being dried yet. I thought that the dream in which I dreamed that I am the dog was just coincidental with the tea. But the next night I’ve been dreaming something weird again. In my dream I was standing on a tree trunk and I was the “smith” now. At a point I received a cigarette and the real me got inside the house to bring tobacco for a new cigarette. Meanwhile, me “the smith” I’ve got the cube from a pocket and roll it in my hands. I could see that on two faces is the image of a dog which looks like Oldie. On other two faces was a man who looked old. The last two faces of the cube had the thunder sign twice on each face. After a few seconds the real me has returned. We smoked together and talked for a while, but I can’t remember the subject.
When I woke up I felt dizzy and for a few hours I tried to clear my mind while playing with my dog. In the evening I’ve decided that there is no more time to prepare the expedition and next at noon I was on my path going to the “smith’s home to take the can.
That was the second weird dream that I had and now I have no doubt that is related with the herbs. The “smith” gave me the can and didn’t comment the day before at all. I’m wondering what did he dreamed, but that is something that I will not find out. I will test the herbs even more. I don’t know why this happens, but I think that the vapors are circulating and the effect stays until the person affected sleeps. This must be explanation and it gives me joy because it is a source of power on one hand, and something mysterious on the other hand. I’ll have to test it with someone close to me, trustful.
Last night I walked a few hours after dark, and this night I have to do the same. I’m thinking that if I walk more in the night I’m less time in danger. I don’t know the land here and I don’t know what animals, snakes or birds may lurk around. I prefer to walk in the night because is cold too and is not advised to sleep in cold. I could make a small fire, but that means that I have to gather wood and this can take some time. Also I could gather wood while walking, but this means waste of energy and I must focus on the food for the moment.
One thing that bothers me is how it will be the first contact with the migrating group. The footsteps never got away from the road, they walked compact. They didn’t left trails like garbage, camping stop or anything that would make you thing that something unexpected happen to them. That means that they are organized and for sure have a leader or group of leaders. If they were from something, probably they wouldn’t run so discreetly. That excludes the possibility to be nomads. Anyway, when I’ll reach them I’ll watch them closely before getting in contact.

While walking through this wildness I remembered my last way on my favorite path. Then, I was wondering how it feels my dog to be left at home all the time, and now is right beside me walking forward, and being so serious makes it look like it knows where is going and what is its purpose for this expedition. To make it feel that is important I’ve tied my tobacco pack at the neck. It’s not used to be tied or wear something, but because is old it doesn’t fight with things like this. It just knows that any gesture from me has a good explanation.A few hours ago when I’ve made a short break I’ve packed a couple of cigarettes. During the night, when I’ll feel that everything is darken and boring, I’ll take a cigarette, just to strengthen my will for walking. Then, Oldie will have its moment of rest. For sure it will rest its big head on its front legs watching the light from my cigarette. I think that it feels protected with that pack of tobacco tied at its neck. So I feel with my belt which has lots of things attached. It knows that after I take something from that pack that it wears, will follow a moment of rest, and the pack smells just like the air when we stop. I can’t wait to reach the cave; the cave with or without those people. I need to rest. These boots are sometimes very heavy, other times I just forget about it. Important thing is that I don’t have problems with the cold to my feet. At the beginning of the trip I could count each step that I make, now I just see my legs racing one against the other.



SIDENOTE

...

Sometimes I’m thinking how is to wake up and see that all the people you knew have vanished. When time is passing very fast you can’t keep the track of all events around you and when you have time to rest and remember you just think that you have waked and the loved ones and others too have just vanished. Then is a moment when you realize how short the life is and how small the purposes are that enchants you at one moment…